To begin with I had to select a background image which was fitting for the film. In the end I found a picture of a dark field and completely edited it, the only thing that is left of the original image is the grass. The sky is completely custom made, I got a picture of some storm clouds on Google and made them darker with the levels tool (CMD +L). Whilst in the levels tool I adjusted the input levels to make the blacks darker, doing this gave the clouds a deep moody feel. After I had adjusted the levels I then proceeded to use a lightning brush to emphasize that the weather is stormy. Finally I got rid of the original backgrounds sky by selecting the background layer, highlighting the sky with the Polygonal Lasso Tool (L) and then deleting it (CMD + X).
The next thing I changed to the background image was adding silhouettes in the background, I did this by downloading custom brushes of the internet and installing them into Photoshop. As you can see in the picture I downloaded several brushes; birds, trees, lightning and castle ruins. After I had positioned my brushes I then edited Ron-Joy’s face because he had a few spots and blemishes. I did this by using the Spot Healing Tool (J).
The next thing I did to the image was add a mist effect. I produced this effect by creating a new layer (CMD+SHIFT+N), selecting the paint bucket tool (G), setting the colour to white and then filling the new layer in. After this I changed the opacity of the layer to 50%, selected a soft brush with a fuzzy style and then erased the areas where Ron-Joy is stood, adjusting the opacity of the brush to make his legs and left arm fade into the mist.
Once I had the picture done I had to then add text and labels. I got the font I used for the title from the internet and installed it into Photoshop. I went into FX and gave the font a drop shadow to help it stand out against the background.
Once the front cover was completed I then went on to designing the back. What I did to begin with was fill it in black and then placed a picture of bar code. After this I then inserted some pictures from the film and cropped them in the shapes you see. I made these shapes by cutting out the images with the Polygonal Lasso Tool (L). The central image however is 2 separate images. What I did was cut out Ron-Joy from a picture that I had already taken with my group. I then got a picture of a library from Google and positioned it as you see above. Afterwards I made a mask layer and used the gradient tool (G) to make the image fade in from the bottom. I went over the image of Ron-Joy separately with a soft eraser.
For the final touches I wrote a synopsis and added in production credits.